Jack MacD

This is three panel merge of a 120mm shot. I used CS6 to insure that after the merge certain roofs were straight and level. This image will be five feet wide.

I initially shot this hand held at 1/1000 sec. Then I reshot it on a tripod at 1/1000 with a 2 sec delay. Then, third, I closed down the lens to f8 from f5.6 reducing the speed. I am a pretty steady hand so the tripod really was not required to get the shot in bright light. And it suggests how little mirror bounce is in the camera.

However you can see in the three panel cropped closeup below, that a tripod makes a discernible difference on the screen. So why not go for the maximum quality if you can. In the three panel crop the top crop is hand held the bottom crop is on a tripod stopped down. Not too different, and all three were sharpened the same. The jpeg conversion reduces the difference from the tiff. I encourage photographers to test their equipment to learn differences.

This is not an art shot. It is for a real estate office, which, Kipper and Mark, is why it is not a triptych!
    Jack

Attached files

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.