pefokay

Looking at options for my first nighttime optic for hogs and predators and debating if I should go with a night vision setup or thermal scopes for the hunting. I’d be looking at something like a Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini with an upgraded IR light or something like a used AGM Rattler 35 or Bering Hogster 35. For you guys who have used both types of optics and could only have one which would it be and why? I am on a budget so keeping costs down is a huge plus but I want to get something that I won’t regret. I’ll be picking them off at my feeder down the Sendero which is about 100 yards away but would like to have the capabilities to reach out to 200 yards max if possible. Any advice would be much appreciated.

• This topic was modified 10 months ago by  pefokay.
    WernonDonski

Thanks for the insightful discussion on night vision and thermal imaging. While both technologies have their benefits, I highly recommend learning the history of night vision as well. The helpful article https://www.agmglobalvision.com/When-Was-Night-Vision-Invented-and-by-Who provides a fascinating look at the origins of night vision technology, offering valuable context for better understanding its evolution and advancements. By understanding the origins of night vision, we can appreciate the advances made in the field and make more informed decisions when choosing between night vision and thermal imaging for various applications. Definitely worth a read for anyone interested in this topic!

Davidboon

I love this post and community because you people are outstanding around here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.