Discussion Forum Leica S System S2 New Firmware available
    Pete Walentin

Solms, Germany (July 28, 2011) – Leica Camera AG has released a new firmware update for the Leica S-System, FW 1.0.1.8. All Leica S2 and S2-P cameras will now be supplied with the latest firmware version. Users wishing to bring their camera up-to-date can download the firmware update from the “Owners Area” on the Leica website and take advantage of the latest improvements.

The firmware update FW 1.0.1.8 includes a revision of the setting procedure for auto-bracketing. Now, the shutter-release button must only be pressed once to activate the full bracketing sequence. This function is particularly useful for shooting bracketed exposures for HDR post-processing. Additionally, the menu-control button at the top right of the camera can now be programmed to carry out a custom function, allowing users quick access to settings. This improvement gives photographers a further opportunity to customize the Leica S2 and S2-P to meet their individual needs and demands.

For installation instructions and to download firmware update FW 1.0.1.8, please visit:* https://owners.leica-camera.com.

Josh Lehrer

Pete, thanks for posting this. We have updated one of our S2 bodies with the new firmware and posted some screenshots and thoughts about this update here:

http://www.reddotforum.com/content.php/164-Leica-S2-Firmware-Update-Version-1.0.1.8-Now-Available

Iceandfire

Hello,
    I receive my S2 this morning, I’m so happy !!! 🙂
    so I cannot connect me on the website owners Leica…
    I don’t know why I cannot connect…
    can you help me please ?
    have you the last firmware somewhere in your computer please ?
    I’m on Mac on lion…
    kind regards,
    Sébastien

Iceandfire

Many thanks for the help ! 😎
    the new firmware is in my S2, everything it’s all right !!!
    regards

Mark Gowin

Congratulations on getting your new S2 Sébastien. You have good reason to be happy. The S2 is a wonderful camera as I am sure you are already discovering.

Iceandfire

Thank you ! yes I’m very very happy, I think this is the best camera in the world ! 😎
    regards.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.