Discussion Forum Leica M System M Monochrom M10 monochrom necessary if getting the M11?
    cozmopak

I’m seriously considering acquiring the M11. I’m a current owner of the 40MP M10 Monochrom. The M11 seems to offer some very serious low ISO capabilities. Would it be redundant for me to keep the M10 monochrome if I acquire an M11?

Jack MacD

Do you just shoot B&W? If so, I get the idea that the M11 shooting converted B&W may match, but not exceed the M10M. Therefore not a reason to change.
    I have a M10M and an M11. When I want to shoot B&W I use the M10M. Having a B&W camera helps me concentrate on structure rather than color. The issue for me will be if when the M11M comes out, if I want to upgrade.
    But I will be influenced by how much I like the M11 and if I want battery compatibility. Fortunately my budget can afford more than one M and having two M’s allows me both a back up, and the ability to sometimes carry two cameras with two different focal lengths at the same time. If my budget was less, and I shot more color, I might have just traded the Mono in on the M11. Good luck on your decision.
    Jack

Jack MacD

Additionally, the latest RedDotForum show on the M11 said the M10M gives us two stops of ISO performance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.