constable

This is a silly question that I am certain should be in the manual, but I can’t find it.

My S2 writes first to CF then SD. When I travel, I usually have an iPad and Mac Book Air with me. My ideal configuration would be to write to SD with a backup to (64 GB?) CF.

Is it possible to force the SD to first priority?

Thanks in advance … i am sure it must be simple

Ed

David Farkas

constable;1194 wrote: This is a silly question that I am certain should be in the manual, but I can’t find it.

My S2 writes first to CF then SD. When I travel, I usually have an iPad and Mac Book Air with me. My ideal configuration would be to write to SD with a backup to (64 GB?) CF.

Is it possible to force the SD to first priority?

Thanks in advance … i am sure it must be simple

Ed

Ed,

Unfortunately, this is not possible. The S2 will always write to the CF card first if there is one in the slot. The simplest solution would be to just shoot to SD card only and take the CF out.

rgk

Isn’t sdhc/cf card management on the wishlist for future upgrades? I would be very pleased with the ability to have images written to each card simultaneously as a backup measure.

David Farkas

rgk;1199 wrote: Isn’t sdhc/cf card management on the wishlist for future upgrades? I would be very pleased with the ability to have images written to each card simultaneously as a backup measure.

We discussed this with the S2 product managers in NYC. The image pipeline in the S2 is sequential, not parallel. So, if a DNG was to be written to both cards, it would have to be written first to the CF, then to the SD. This would negatively impact the continuous shooting rate, double the review time and slow down the buffer clearing. Therefore, Leica isn’t considering this option.

allegretto

constable;1194 wrote: i am sure it must be simple

Ed

Leica and “simple” do not go together…

constable

allegretto;1216 wrote: Leica and “simple” do not go together…

;););););)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.