Jack MacD

I like this non standard San Francisco shot of Telegraph Hill. but expensive to get.

Attached files

David Farkas

Nice. What building/floor were you in to get this perspective?

mz976us

Perhaps, you were shooting it on Bay bridge? with a super teleyt? You’ve got TransAmerica building, Coit Tower and Alcatraz, all in one shot. Cool.

Jack MacD

I was in room 4507 in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Not inexpensive as you might guess. Third highest building in San Francisco. Glad the day was sunny. The windows open just enough to slip a 120 out the side. Another room wouldn’t have allowed for that particular angle out the open window. The views through the windows were of both bridges, but I wanted this shot since I have a relative who lives on the side of Telegraph Hill. So while it looks lie a helicopter shot, I was able to be very steady, braced by the window.

The relative loved the shot. The resolution would allow a six foot print as it was a merge of three shots with the 120. Yeah, it could be a triptych, but I’m not doing it yet Kipper.

Here is another shot from the same building by Afar.com.
    http://www.afar.com/highlights/the-height-of-luxury

The Afar offices are next door but only 6 floors up.
    I do a lot of highlights on Afar myself, but rarely with an S.
    The travel site is excellent for scouting out shots when traveling. I suggest it to you all.
    http://www.afar.com then type in your location you are interested to review. Good smartphone app too. I’ll post an Afar M8 shot I took awhile ago in the M forum thread.

mz976us

Wow, love the color shot from the link . the color, and leading lines from the clouds and transamerica building. Awsome timing and lighting condition.
    MZ

David K

Boy those buildings are tack sharp. That 120 is a great lens…I love it. Not sure what’s going on in the water and sky in the far distance. Looks like you had plenty of light so I’m guessing it’s not noise. But I do like the shot. You seem to have a knack for getting up high and shooting down 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.