Discussion Forum Leica M System Images to Share Miami Street Photography – M9 with 24mm f/1.4 Summilux
    Kirsten VignesAvatar photo

Usually I’m very faithful to a 50mm f/1.4. I don’t like anything too wide, but I decided to venture out and shoot with the Summilux-M 24mm f/1.4. I love street/night photography so it was nice to be able to shoot a wider lens at night without having to sacrifice a couple stops of light like you would with most wide angles. Paired with the M9, this might just be my new favorite setup…

Jack MacD

Tonight, immediately go out and shoot many more from the bike. It could be a great series. Then do a kickstart project or a Blurb book on Miami at night. Of course it would be nice to get Don Johnson to go with you.

David K

I like the bike shot too and have thought about doing something like that for a while now. Unfortunately, I’m the one driving the bike 🙂 Maybe time for a second shooter…

Mark Gowin

I agree with Jack and David, I really like the bike shot. For some reason I don’t know why, I also like the tilted shot with the shopping cart laying on its side. I didn’t mean that comment in a derogatory manner, it’s just very different than the normal types of photographs I like. So really, its a compliment.

Kirsten VignesAvatar photo

Thanks for all the feedback! I plan on going out on the bike again tonight in South Beach so hopefully I’ll get some more worthwhile shots. I’ll make sure to post them if I do.

(Jack – I had to look up who Don Johnson was – I’m that young. David and Josh gave me a lot of crap for that one. Also, I’ve heard of Blurb before and it’s definitely something I’m looking further into.)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.